Alternative Fuels Vision Plan
Project Overview (Purpose)
The San Joaquin Council of Governments and its member agencies are developing an Alternative Fuels Vision Plan (AFVP) to conduct a countywide inventory of infrastructure for charging electric vehicles and fueling stations for vehicles powered by other alternative fuels including:
- CNG (Compressed Natural Gas)
- LNG (Liquified Natural Gas)
- LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas)
- RNG (Renewable Natural Gas)
This plan is intended to address the needs of multiple classes of alternative fuel vehicles and will identify clean fueling infrastructure opportunities along major freight corridors and other regionally significant roadways.
Some key objectives of the AFVP include:
- Assess existing alternative fuel infrastructure networks and coverage within San Joaquin County.
- Identify key challenges, gaps and barriers to alternative fuel vehicle operations.
- Identify where equity issues currently exist with access to alternative fuel station.
- Ensure infrastructure improvements and investments are equitable and accessible to all users.
- Recommend infrastructure improvements and related investments, policies and implementation strategies to promote alternative fuel infrastructure investments.
Project Plan Area
The Plan encompasses:
- San Joaquin County
- All communities within San Joaquin County
- Alternative Fuels Vision Plan Administrative Draft
- San Joaquin County Alternative Fuels Vision Plan Existing Conditions Report
- Alternative Fuels Vision Plan Analysis and Recommendations
- Alternative Fuels Vision Plan Outreach Summary