Caltrans is scheduled to install permanent traffic lane channelizers next week along eastbound State Route 120 in Manteca to improve traffic safety.
The channelizers, reflective traffic safety standards used to alert motorists and direct traffic through roadwork or away from hazardous areas, are being installed to keep vehicles in their lanes moving toward the connector ramp and prevent vehicles from unsafely merging at the last moment. The channelizers are being installed between the left and right lanes on eastbound SR 120 from South Main Street to the SR 99/SR 120 connector merge lane.
Caltrans plans to close eastbound SR 120 from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Nov. 1-5 to do the work. Westbound SR 120 will remain open during the installation.
Overhead message signs, electronic roadside signs, traditional detour signs and flaggers will be used for traffic control and to direct motorists to the detour route. Motorists will detour around the work by:
- Exiting on the eastbound SR-120 South Main Street Off Ramp (Exit 5.)
- Turning right and heading south on Main Street.
- Turning left and heading east on Atherton Drive.
- Turning left and heading east on Woodward Avenue.
- Turning right and heading south on Moffat Boulevard.
- Turning left on Austin to get to the northbound SR 99 onramp.
- Going straight to get to southbound SR 99.
Motorists should expect up to 30-minute delays.
For current highway conditions and closure updates, please visit quickmap.dot.ca.gov.