Note some key changes to the most recent update:
- Increased award limits for SJCOG will proactively position the agency for the future. Executive Director approval would be required for all purchases less than $100,000; Board approval would be required for all purchases more than $100,000. Internal controls would be maintained to deter any fraud or misuse.
- Positioning SJCOG to take advantage of automation advances (i.e. cloud-based systems) as they apply to vendor registration, advertising, and submittal of formal bids.
- Requiring three attempts to obtain bids from qualified vendors for bids between $10,000 and $100,000.
- Adding enabling language to participate in Public Procurement Cooperative Consortiums.
- Numerous “clean-ups” or clarifications within the procedures.