- Funding & Programming
- Active Transportation Program (ATP)
- Call for Projects
Regional Active Transportation Program Call for Projects
After the California Transportation Commission (CTC) adopted the Final 2023 Active Transportation Program (ATP) Cycle 6 Guidelines on March 16-17, 2022, SJCOG announced a Call for Projects for the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) or regional component of the Cycle 6 ATP on March 23, 2022.
For more information, please visit Caltrans ATP Cycle 6 website page.
ATP Cycle 6
On Feb. 23, 2023, the SJCOG Board adopted SJCOG staff's programming recommendations to award $13,711,000 to 4 projects under the regional Active Transportation Program (ATP) Call for Projects (Cycle 6).
Senate Bill 1
Senate Bill 1 directs $100 million annually from the Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Account to the ATP. When combined with other state and federal funds in the ATP, approximately $446 million will be available in ATP Cycle 5, with $223 million available in the statewide component of the program and $3,546,000 available to the SJCOG region in the separate Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) component of the program. This funding will be available in in fiscal years 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 and 2024-25.
Regional Call for Projects
Learn more about the schedule for submittal and funding sources for these projects by clicking through the tabs below.
- Call for Projects March 16-17, 2022
- Supplemental Applications due to SJCOG September 30, 2022
- Scoring Committee Review of Applications October 2022 – February 2023
- Projects that were not awarded Statewide funds sent to MPOs March 2023
- SJCOG Staff programming recommendations March 30, 2023
- SJCOG Board adopts programming recommendations April 2023
- SJCOG Programming recommendations due to CTC May 12, 2023
- CTC adopts MPO programming recommendations June 2023
The 2023 Regional Active Transportation Program includes approximately $5,227,000 of state and federal funding sources.