SJCOG is a public body and our work is conducted through a series of Standing Committees that review and vote on issues before passing them along for consideration by the Board. Agendas can be accessed by committee name:
- Citizens Advisory Committee
The Citizens Advisory Committee provides community input on project priorities and other matters pertaining to the Measure K program. Learn more
- Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is made up of five SJCOG Board members and generally reviews selected agenda items and submits a recommendation to the COG Board. Learn more
- Habitat Technical Advisory Committee
The Habitat Technical Advisory Committee is responsible for verifying that the SJMSCP is being implemented correctly and for solving any issues that arise during implementation. Learn more
- Interagency Transit Committee
The Interagency Transit Committee was created to improve communication and coordination among the transit agencies within the San Joaquin County. Learn more
- Management & Finance Advisory Committee
The Management and Finance Advisory Committee guides administrative and financial decisions of SJCOG as the Local Transportation Authority and is composed of city managers and the county administrator. Learn more
- Project Delivery Committee
The PDC is a subcommittee of the Board of Directors and guides policies transportation programming recommendations, and monitors project delivery. Learn more
- RTP/SCS Working Group
The RTP/SCS working group meets monthly to discuss a county wide strategies to meet community goals for coordinated transportation and land use. Learn more
- Social Services Transportation Advisory Committee
The purpose of the SSTAC is to monitor and promote improvements to those public transportation services for persons with disabilities and seniors residing in San Joaquin County. Learn more
- Technical Advisory Committee
The Technical Advisory Committee serves as SJCOG’s technical advisory committee. Learn more
- Valley-Wide Committees
SJCOG is actively involved on valley-wide committees that meet regularly on issues of mutual interest.
- The Regional Policy Council is a sixteen member board that consists of two elected officials from each of the eight Regional Transportation Planning Agencies in the San Joaquin Valley.
- The San Joaquin Valley Regional Planning Agencies Directors’ Committee is comprised of the eight executive directors of each of the MPOs / RTPAs in the San Joaquin Valley.
- California Vanpool Authority (CalVans) Board of Directors
CalVans is a Joint Powers Public Transportation Agency comprised of a number of Local Transportation Planning Agencies. Each of the agencies appoints a representative to sit on the CalVans Board and represent their area.
- The Megaregion Working Group is comprised of 4 Board members from the San Joaquin Council of Governments, 4 Board members from the Sacramento Area Council of Governments, and 4 commissioners from the Metropolitan Transportation Commission stretching from the Central Valley and Bay Area to the Sierra Nevada Foothills.